Who We Are
Interim Senior Pastor
Reverend Lisa Hufford, BSN, MDiv
Lisa Hufford was born in Buffalo, N.Y., and grew up in a non-Christian home, living in towns and cities in the central Atlantic states and in the Midwest. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Delaware. After working as an RN and having four children, she began her theological training. She graduated with a Master of Divinity from Eastern Mennonite Seminary. Ordained in in the Church of the Brethren in 1997, Rev. Lisa Hufford, served in the Church of the Brethren for 8 years.
She attended Wartburg Theological Seminary (ELCA), for her Lutheran studies and began serving as an Interim Associate Pastor at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Rockford, IL. She was ordained in the ELCA in 2005 and accepted a call to transitional ministry at First Lutheran Church in Rockford.
Today Pastor Lisa specializes in working with congregations dealing with complex transitional issues such as redeveloping congregational ministry in changing communities, working in multicultural contexts, and working through congregational differences. She has served in six interim ministry positions for the Washington, DC Synod. Pastor Lisa is a Certified Interim Minister through Interim Ministry Network.
She and her husband Nick, live in Arlington, VA. They have four adult children and three grandchildren.
Pastor for Spanish language worship
Reverend Franklin Morales
Pastor Morales is part of Saint Luke Lutheran Church in Silver Spring since December 2018. Originally from Venezuela, he was a Catholic priest for four years. He spent time in Central America before becoming a Lutheran Pastor. Pastor Franklin, as he prefers to be called, lives wife Jenny and his daughter Sarah. He is also pastor of Sagrada Familia (Holy Family) in Langley Park.
El Reverendo Franklin Morales
El Pastor Franklin es parte de Saint Luke Lutheran Church en Silver Spring desde diciembre de 2018, es originario de Venezuela y fue sacerdote católico por cuatro años carmelita católico. Hizo sus estudios en Venezuela, Roma y estuvo un año en Centroamérica antes de convertirse en un pastor luterano. El pastor Franklin, como prefiere ser llamado, hace su hogar con su esposa, Jenny, y su hija, Sarah. El pastor Franklin Morales es el pastor de La Sagrada Familia, en Langley Park. Es un ministerio Latino.
Nami is originally from Seoul, Korea. She was baptized in July 1996 at Hope Lutheran Church and has been a member ever since. She has worked in the office (part-time) since 1999 and serves on altar guild and Bells of Hope. She enjoys being at Hope and says “Members of Hope are so sincere, thoughtful, and willing to support each other.” She enjoys biking, walking; spending time with her husband and family, her dog, Twix, and seeing friends at the beach.
Uhjin Kim holds a Master of Music in Piano performance from Boston Univ.. She also has a M.M in organ performance at Peabody conservatory fo Johnshopkins Univ. Originally from Korea, she has lived in Virginia since 2002. She and her husband have two children and together they enjoy hiking in National Parks (especially the Shenandoah) and traveling to Korea to visit family.
- We believe in the One and Triune God:
- The One who gives us our existence and endows us our lives with beauty, meaning, and purpose.
- The One who heals our brokenness and frees us from guilt, the self-destructive compulsions of sin and evil.
- The One who rescues us from death, gives us eternal life, and empowers us to practice compassion and love even our enemies.
- We believe that faith must be active in love.
- We believe that love means to seek the well being of the other.
- We believe that faith and love imbue inform everything that we do in all aspects of our lives including politics and economics (they don't just belong to Sunday mornings).
- We believe that faith and love engender hope.
- We believe that hope, faith and love have the power to transform lives and to change the world into a better place.